peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

Saab 93: yesterday while I was driving I shut my windshield

Customer Question

yesterday while I was driving I shut my windshield wipers off and they did not go all the way down. They stayed about a 1/3 up the windshield. I pulled over turned the car off and restarted it. they then stopped straight up and down. I tried shutting car off/on several more times and they are staying straight up. How can I reset the wipers so that they go all the way down?
Category: Saab
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
From what you have described here this sounds like an internal fault with the wiper motor itself,I have seen the electronics fail in it and cause the wipers to park like this here and had to replace the wiper motor assembly for this issue here.
Thanks Pete