sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

Saab 9-3 2.0T: Jerry. i replaced the drivers door window

Customer Question

hi Jerry. i replaced the drivers door window regulator on my SAAB 9-3 4 door sedan model yr 2007. the window works now but i'm not able to open the door using either the interior pull handle or the exterior handle. I didn't discover this until after I closed the door
Category: Saab
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
Either something foreign was closed in the door, the linkage didn't make it back onto the latch correctly, or the latch has failed. Usually this is caused by a failure of the latch itself but since this happened as a result of doing work in the door that makes it more likely to be a linkage issue.
What will need to be done is remove the door panel to inspect the linkage. This is obviously inconvenient with the door closed but it's usually possible to remove it enough to access the latch and linkage. In some cases the door panel does have to be sacrifice but that shouldn't be necessary.