350matt
350matt, Engineer - BEng Hons
Experience:  Mechanical Engineer with 20 years experience in the auto industry, 8 yrs in formula 1 engine testing
12772297

2003 Saab 9-3 linear. Took the car into Valvoline for

Customer Question

Hello, 2003 Saab 9-3 linear. Took the car into Valvoline for an oil change, no oil leaks and the car is running fine. Valvoline, tells me they recommend a flush with cars of 150k or more, so I say okay, kid comes back and tells me they forgot they weren't
supposed to flush cars with turbo on it and said they will just do the regular oil change. So,, I'm like okay, not thinking anything of it. I get the car and next day I see a pool of oil in my driveway, take it back they think it the power steering fluid,
but that isn't the case, bring it back again and now the oil seems to be leaking from the back side of the engine. They say when the oil is flushed it can loosen particles and cause leaks. Valvoline said if you get a gasket kiet and put that on it should stop
the leak. Second issue, now when I am accelerating normally, car runs smoothly, but when the turbo has to kick in the car starts to buck or shake a little when it reaches the yellow. I back off accelerate normally and it's fine at any speed, just started this
shortly after the leak.
Category: Saab
Expert:  350matt replied 2 years ago.
Hello
sounds like the flush has broken up a gasket
most likely cause is the drain pipe from the turbo as this has gaskets top and bottom and the one on the turbo has a hard time due to the heat
afirst check all the high pressure hoses post turbo/s for any split hoses or cracked metal pipes, also check the ends of the intercooler as its not unheard of to pop the end caps off under high boost.
If this is OK then check the small vacuum lines to the turbo and its connected control solenoid on the bulkhead, any cracks or leaks can give turbo issues
Also have a feel around with your bare hands with the engine running to see if you can feel any escaping gas under your touch. Another method is to use a soap and water solution sprayed onto any suspect areas - if there's a leak it'll bubble up with the engine running
s for the bucking I'd say that there's a leak on the inlet pipework
Expert:  350matt replied 2 years ago.
Hi
do you still need help?