sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

Saab 900 SE Turbo: my 1996 saab900 se conv all of a sudden

Customer Question

my 1996 saab900 se conv all of a sudden wont start windows don't work dash dead
Category: Saab
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
everything was fine trying to install radio code car shut down wont restart and windows wont close and dash went dead
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(###) ###-####my name is ***** *****
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
It's possible that you could have a power distribution or wiring issue but the first thing that should be investigated is the battery. I'm assuming you had the key on without the engine running while dealing with the radio. If the car went electrically dead under those conditions then a dead battery is likely.
The first thing I would recommend is checking the battery connections to make sure they're clean and tight. If ok then the next thing I would recommend is trying a jump start (not always reliable), swapping in a known good battery or having this battery load tested.