Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Tech
7276279

Saab 9-3 Aero: My saab check engine light came on and now it

Customer Question

My saab check engine light came on and now it chimes every 5 minutes for about a minute. How do I get it to stop?
Category: Saab
Expert:  Ron replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
The check engine light come on when the computer sees a system fault and when this happens the computer will set and store a fault code and or codes, in order to determine the cause you are going to need to start with having the computer system scanned and the fault code and or codes retrieved, once you have them then we can direct you in the correct steps for repair. Most auto part stores besides those in California can run a code scan for you at no charge. If you can post back with them, we can work from there.