Tom, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Master Technician

Saab 9-3 Arc: I have a 2005 Saab 9-3 convertible with the 4

I have a 2005 Saab 9-3 convertible with the 4 cylinder turbo engine. The car has just over 56k and had had no issues until today. I attempted to start this morning and found a dead battery. Jumped the battery and was able to drive it but now it has almost no power and the engine light is on in the dash area.

Also, I don't ink this is a related issue but about 6 months ago when you turned on the a/c, you could hear a relay chattering for about 6 seconds and then it would go away. The A/C works fine but the chattering still exists only when AC is turned on.
Hi, I’m Tom and I’m here to assist you with your issue today.Do you know the code for the engine light sounds like the crank sensor or the alternator has failed.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
But why would the engine run in
Limp mode if the alternator failed?
Because the vehicles main computer is not receiving the correct power to operate the vehicle causing it to go into limp mode.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Okay, just heard back from the garage and looks to be a bad battery. Everything else checks fine
Ok have them double check the cable and charging system as well.