jeffrey590, Master Saab Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Technician , Saab Master Technician w/ 35 years Dealer Experience in Advanced Level Diag.

Saab 9-3: Tim, I have the a similar problem (wont start in

Tim, I have the a similar problem (won't start in park) however it will roll (as if it isn't in park). Is there a way to adjust the shifter cable under the hood or are you thinking position switch?

Greetings JACUSTOMER, The problem is most likely the Transmission Range Switch which sends the shifter position and gear selection to the Transmission Control Module. The cable adjustment is made inside the vehicle at the front of the housing. There is a threaded portion of the shifter cable housing that allows cable to be lengthened or shortened. I would adjust cable so vehicle locks in PARK first...then if you still experience the problem change the switch which is located under the battery tray on top of the transmission. If I can assist further I will be happy to help . Thank you, Jeffrey