jeffrey590
jeffrey590, Master Saab Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Technician , Saab Master Technician w/ 35 years Dealer Experience in Advanced Level Diag.
11029438

Saab 93L: Hi Jeff, Hope youre doing well this summer, especially

Customer Question

Hi Jeff,
Hope you're doing we'll this summer, especially your back.
My question today is about my 2003 Saab. It has developed a drivers side window problem. The window vibrates very loudly in its track. And the option where it goes all the way down with just one tap on the window button no longer works.
I suppose the repair would involve opening up the door, right? Lots of labor time?
Thanks,
Holly
Category: Saab
Expert:  jeffrey590 replied 1 year ago.
Hi Holly, So glad to hear from you! I am doing ok ...good days and bad days. Hope you are doing well and enjoying the summer. From your description it sounds like the beginnings of a window regulator failure. The window vibrations indicate the regulator has wear and will ultimately fail leaving you with a window stuck in position. They are cheaply made and I have replaced loads of them. Cost is about $200 for the part and an hour's labor. This is likely tied into the one touch failure as well, since the motor is binding. It will need calibration of the function once regulator is replaced as well. If I can assist further I will be happy to do so. Talk to you soon... Jeff
jeffrey590, Master Saab Technician
Experience: ASE Master Technician , Saab Master Technician w/ 35 years Dealer Experience in Advanced Level Diag.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Jeff,

Next question ... my mech has recommended flushing the oil system b/c there is an internal cap that has dirt on its gasket. They showed me the dirt. Also , flushing out the power steering system b/c the fluid is getting dirty- not totally clear. They showed me some of the fluid on a piece of paper so I do know they are not making this stuff up.

They sound like legitimate procedures, but I wanted to check with my most trusted expert on Saabs-- you Wink

What do you think about the flushes?

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX a good rest of the day.

Holly

Expert:  jeffrey590 replied 1 year ago.
Hi Holly, The flushes are definitely a good idea. Over time vehicle fluids get contaminated and dirty..so it pays to flush the dirt out and replace with quality new fluids. I am not sure what mechanic means regarding the internal oil gasket being dirty, but an oil flush is also preventative maintenance as well. So...I say go for it. Hope all is well and you are enjoying your summer. Stay well and safe motoring!! Thank you, Jeff
jeffrey590, Master Saab Technician
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Jeff,

Next question-- the interior light by driver's feet is out.

-How do I get that light cover off?

-Is there only one bulb inside? I can get a new one at an auto parts store, correct?

-Is there supposed to be any other light down there by driver's feet? It seems brighter on passenger side. Maybe driver's side has never worked right ever since I bought the car.

Thanks,

Holly

Expert:  jeffrey590 replied 1 year ago.
Hi Holly, The lamp assembly can be popped out and the single bulb replaced without much difficulty. If you can't get lense to release, then you can remove 3 screws securing the lower dash panel and access it that way. There are several different wattage bulbs available in this size. I believe the factory bulb is 18 watts. To be sure which bulb is incorrect , I recommend removing passengers bulb as well and replace both with the same wattage bulb. If I can answer any other questions for you I will be happy to. Enjoy your weekend, Jeff
jeffrey590, Master Saab Technician
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Jeff,

I need to get a new one of these covers. It goes on the inside of the back glass and covers some wires.
The little (cheap) plastic clips on both ends have broken.

You once gave me the name of an auto parts website (not eBay).

Do you think I can order one of these on that site?

If so, can you tell me the site name again? I think it was gold something..., right?

I hope this gets sized down to the right size. Plz let me know if not and I'll send again.

Thank you,

Holly

Expert:  jeffrey590 replied 1 year ago.
Hi Holly, The website is www.goldwingsaab.com. ...I am on the road at the moment, but will be home later tonight and will search more sites if you need me to. Thanks and talk to you soon! Jeff
jeffrey590, Master Saab Technician
Expert:  jeffrey590 replied 1 year ago.
Hi Holly, So sorry I am getting back to you so late.. the internet has been down all weekend and finally came back on at 1:50AM !! Did Goldwing have your panel cover??.Jeff