jeffrey590, Master Saab Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Technician , Saab Master Technician w/ 35 years Dealer Experience in Advanced Level Diag.

Saab 9-3 Turbo X: My kids threw away my one and only Saab key

My kids threw away my one and only Saab key to my 2002 9-3. Is there any affordable option for getting it started or getting another replacement key without towing the car over 100 miles to the nearest dealer that works on them?
Greetings JACUSTOMER, If you do not have an original key with transponder for this vehicle then the only option is to replace the TWICE Module which controls the vehicle immobilizer. There is no other way around this to get the vehicle started. However, a locksmith or an independent shop that repairs Saabs can help you without having to drive 100 miles. You will need a new or used TWICE with a transponder that matches the TWICE you are purchasing. This is the only way to get vehicle in programming mode for the immobilizer. Saab realized after production that they never made a "back door" in cases like yours which leaves customers stranded. If I can assist further or if I can answer any more questions or help in any way I will be happy to. Also I am sorry to be the bearer or bad news, but there are no secrets or tricks that can override the vehicles immobilizer. Thank you, Jeffrey
I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Customer Satisfaction and an Excellent Rating are my #1 goals. I would also value having you as a regular customer. Anything else you need I am here to assist you

Let me know,