jeffrey590
jeffrey590, Master Saab Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Technician , Saab Master Technician w/ 35 years Dealer Experience in Advanced Level Diag.
11029438

Saab

Customer Question

help

Category: Saab
Expert:  jeffrey590 replied 1 year ago.
GreetingsCustomer I can assist you with the programming of the TWICE. I just need to know if it is the original or a replacement, are you using original keys or new keys, and if the TWICE is a replacement do you have the matching transponder chip. Programming varies depending on which scenario you have. I will wait for your reply. Thank you, jJeffrey
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Jeffrey ,this is a replacement TWICE I'm programming because the original had water in it ,& I have only 1key which is the original key with remote . All I need is the procedure because I already have a Tech 2 with the Saab card In the scanner.
Expert:  jeffrey590 replied 1 year ago.

Hi Pete, In order to use the replacement TWICE, you will need the original key/transponder for the replacement unit as well as the 1 key for the vehicle. You cannot enter programming mode on the replacement TWICE unless you have the original key/transponder that matches the replacement TWICE. Do you have this key /transponder for the replacement unit? (not the one for your vehicle). You should have gotten it when you obtained the replacement unit. In either case I will supply the directions so you can save time in getting your vehicle fixed. They are as follows:

Remove faulty TWICE under drivers carpet and install replacement TWICE.

Remove the key reader which is in the plastic cover surrounding the ignition cylinder.

Tape or hold the transponder for the replacement TWICE to this key reader coil.

Navigate TECH2 into the PROGRAMMING screen. Select TWICE/IMMOBILIZER.

Follow on screen prompts, pressing ENTER after each prompt is fulfilled. When prompted to add keys, use the original key for the vehicle and any extras you wish to program.

NOTE: All keys MUST be present during programming in order for them to operate the immobilizer. Any other keys not present during this programming session will cease to operate immobilizer.

Once programming is completed reinstall key reader plastic cover and check all keys for proper operation.

If you have any further questions or require further assistance I will be happy to assist you. Thank you, Jeffrey

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Jeff the donor car does not have a key ,I only have one original key for the car . So how Can I go ahead with a donor Twice module & a original transponder key , please don't tell me That I need a new TWICE module and new keys to have this car starts. Suppose I get a new transponder key , could it be programmed to the donor TWICE module so that it could start up .
Expert:  jeffrey590 replied 1 year ago.
Hello Pete, I am afraid so. Without a transponder for the donor TWICE you are unable to use it. Even a new key will require the donor key to enter programming mode. However I have heard of a guy out of state that claims he can unlock the donor and send it back to you with a transponder that will allow you to use the donor. Never used him before, but if you're interested I will research .I am at work now so I will get back to you tonight if you want. Otherwise it's a new TWICE and new keys. Let me know and I will be happy to help .Thank you,Jeffrey
jeffrey590, Master Saab Technician
Experience: ASE Master Technician , Saab Master Technician w/ 35 years Dealer Experience in Advanced Level Diag.
Expert:  jeffrey590 replied 1 year ago.
Hello Pete, I found the company I was referring to for you. They have several options to solve your problem. The least expensive would be $250.00. This requires sending them your donor TWICE,which they unlock and supply a transponder so you can program your original key plus extras if desired. I have supplied their link below so you can choose which method is best for you.

www.clearcomtech.com

Just cut and paste to your address bar and it will bring you to the site. If I can assist further I will be happy to help. Thank you, Jeffrey
Expert:  jeffrey590 replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Pete...And thank you for the generous bonus...Jeffrey
Expert:  jeffrey590 replied 1 year ago.
I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Customer Satisfaction and an Excellent Rating are my #1 goals. I would also value having you as a regular customer. Anything else you need I am here to assist you

Let me know,
Jeff