jeffrey590, Master Saab Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Technician , Saab Master Technician w/ 35 years Dealer Experience in Advanced Level Diag.

Saab 9-3 SE: I had to panic stop my 2000 saab 93. The anti

I had to panic stop my 2000 saab 93. The anti lock brakes worked flawlessly but after i came to a stop the brake pedal would not return and my brakes remained fully engaged. I had to lift the pedal with my left foot just to get brakes to release and allow me to pull it off road. Is this a booster or master cylinder issue?
Greetings JACUSTOMER, I have seen this before a few times, and all of these times it turned out to be the power brake booster. There is an internal valve that comes unseated and the booster actually functions backwards. Since the unit is unserviceable it requires replacement. If I can assist further I will be happy to help . Thank you, Jeffrey