Tom
Tom, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Master Technician
3827149

Saab 9-3 2.0T: Ok, got a 03 9-3 standard shift 2.0 saab....it

Ok, got a 03 9-3 standard shift 2.0 saab....it misses...runs on 3 cyl....check fuel pressure, changed injectors, checked spark..no luck
Category: Saab
Expert:  Tom replied 1 year ago.
Hi I’m Tom and I’m here to assist you with your issue today. Before I get you a fully researched answer, I have to ask you a couple preliminary questions.Is the check engine light on and was the DI cassette ever replaced ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no check engine light and this has no di cassette
Expert:  Tom replied 1 year ago.
Have the fuel injectors and mass air flow sensor been checked?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry thought I mentioned...changed fuel injectors, checked coils,compression...no mass air flow check...I have a 04 can we use this one as a check? or do you know a better way to check
Expert:  Tom replied 1 year ago.
Yes try the 04 and see if it makes a difference let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We didn't swap the mass air, we unplugged it and no change
Expert:  Tom replied 1 year ago.
Ok if when you unplugged the mass air flow sensor and there was no change there should have been and thats telling you the mass air flow sensor is shorted out and needs to be tested correctly and most likely replaced for this issue .I would focus here next for this issue.Remember Im here if you need any further assistance for anything at all it will be for no further charge.Please rate excellent service so I can get credit for my help thanks.Bonuses greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That did it....thanks...the cooling fans also come on when car is parked,so when you come back out it has a dead battery...it isn't running when you park it though...any thoughts on that?
Expert:  Tom replied 1 year ago.
Great glad to fix it it the other issue is either a faulty coolant sensor or fan timer.Remember Im here if you need any further assistance for anything at all it will be for no further charge.Please rate excellent service so I can get credit for my help thanks.Bonuses greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
would you be able to direct me to the sensor and timer?
Expert:  Tom replied 1 year ago.
I can see if I can feel the dealer the diagram and upload them later if that's ok. You can select excellent service now and I will continue for no further charge.
Tom, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: ASE Certified Master Technician