jeffrey590
jeffrey590, Master Saab Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Technician , Saab Master Technician w/ 35 years Dealer Experience in Advanced Level Diag.
11029438

saab9000: Concerning a 1997 Saab CSE turbo.Is there a chance

Concerning a 1997 Saab CSE turbo.

Is there a chance there is any way to repair a outside door handle and a left side sun visor.

The handle pivot has come out of the curved metal section that houses the roll pin and the sun visor has lost it ability to stay in the upper position
Category: Saab
Expert:  Walt-mod replied 1 year ago.

I'm a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have been without a drivers side sun visor for almost a year and two broken door handles for almost the same time. A few more days does not matter. Truthfully I do not think you will find an answer.

I wanted to see if anyone had repaired either one before I attempted it myself.
Expert:  Walt-mod replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your continued patience. We will continue the search for a professional for you.
Expert:  jeffrey590 replied 1 year ago.
GreetingsCustomer Both the problems you have described are common to the 9000 model. And the only way to remedy either one is by replacing the affected part. Neither of these problems is serviceable, so we usually install used OEM parts from several different used Saab parts suppliers. If you are interested I would be happy to hunt them down for you. Please let me know. Thank You. Jeffrey
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Actually I need the drivers door and the right rear door handle assembly. and the drivers side sun visor. About a year ago I purchased a used sun visor and it did not last two months. I would appreciate it if you could do that for me. New ones are very expensive. While waiting I am going to attempt to find a way to repair them I think I know how to repair the door handles.
Expert:  jeffrey590 replied 1 year ago.
GreetingsCustomer I will do my very best to locate visor and door handles and touch base with you Friday PM when I get home from work. Thank you, Jeffrey
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Anything you can or cannot do will be greatly appreciated.

Expert:  jeffrey590 replied 1 year ago.
GreetingsCustomer On my lunch break ( 15 mins) and found only one drivers side sun visor. I found it new on Ebay for $195.00. Let me know if this is good for you. I will continue my search when I get home tonight. Thank You, Jeff

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

When you are 82 and live on social security and a small pension you cannot afford that kind of a price. That is the same price I found almost a year ago. Thank you so much for your help but I am going to find a way to repair it myself plus the door handles. I think through time, no lubrication and just normal wear the curve of the roll pin retainer has opened. I am going to see if I can move the retainer to its original position. I will let you know. Thanks again. Warren

Expert:  jeffrey590 replied 1 year ago.
Hello Again Warren, I understand your position completely. I am available to assist you in case you have any questions or need any help in making the repairs. I have seen many of these parts (visors and door handles) fail in my 36 years with Saab and have found through experience that it is easier and less of a hassle to replace parts with either new or used pieces. Dont want my customers coming back several months down the road with similar problems. I will gladly lend any assistance you might need. Please feel free to contact me and I will be most happy to help you. If you do find that repairs are unsuccessful or impossible I will put the word out to my many Saab connections and see if we can obtain some reasonably priced used parts for you. Once Again Thank You, Jeffrey
jeffrey590, Master Saab Technician
Experience: ASE Master Technician , Saab Master Technician w/ 35 years Dealer Experience in Advanced Level Diag.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I sent your bonus even though I had the same answer as you. It was on E=Bay which I checked prior to my contacting you. I do have another question concerning my wife's 95 wagon. 2.3 Turbo. The radiator has sprung a leak. A small crack has appeared under the bracket that secures the radiator on the left side of the engine when sitting in the drivers seat. The radiator will have to be replaced but in the mean time can the crack be sealed temporarily by drilling a small hole at the end of the crack to stop it from progressing or would stop leak or bars leak work for a couple of days. She drives about 10 miles a day. very important. Warren .

Expert:  jeffrey590 replied 1 year ago.
Hello Warren, NO STOP LEAK OR BARS LEAK IN A SAAB. Very bad. Try dilling or better yet use fuel leak sealer 2 part putty epoxy. Much better choices. Thank you for bonus also ! Jeffery
jeffrey590, Master Saab Technician
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I used J B Weld as a stop gap until I can install new radiator. The leak was a small split in the side of the tank. What does bars aluminum liquid do to the engine. I have a new question and this one has me buffaloed. The left side brake light stays on all the time you have the key turned to ignition. =The left works perfectly. I thought that they were both on the same circuit.

Expert:  jeffrey590 replied 1 year ago.

Hello Warren, Bars aluminum liquid , stop leak, any of these products claim to stop leakage by solidifying when their product comes in contact with air. It has been my experience with Saab especially that it causes clogs in radiator , heater core and sludges up H2o pump. I recommend Dexcool Lifetime which gets changed every 50K miles...or 50/50 Prestone and H2o.

Ok the Brake Lights are both on the same circuit as far as power supply. I am confused at your question. You say l/s brake lamp stays on at all times with key on. then you say left works perfectly. Please explain. I will be happy to diagnose problem for you. Thank you, Jeffrey

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

That's what happens when you get 82. I meant the right stop light works with the break pedal. Its the left one that stays on all the time as long as the key is turned on.

Expert:  jeffrey590 replied 1 year ago.
Hi Warren, Do all the other rear lights work properly? (Tail lights, rear directionals, rear fog lamp). Thank you, Jeffrey