jeffrey590, Master Saab Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Technician , Saab Master Technician w/ 35 years Dealer Experience in Advanced Level Diag.

2006 Saab 9-3 Aero: order Traction Control Failure..Gearbox..limp mode

I have a 2006 Saab 9-3 Aero and it has been sitting in my garage for a year now. The car keeps coming up with 3 codes in this order Traction Control Failure, Stability Control Failure and Gearbox Failure. I can clear the codes and the car will run normal but only for about 3-5 miles after that the SID display says the same thing and the car goes into a limp mode. I even went as far as having the transmission dropped to see if it was that but everything checked out fine. I am on my last ditch effort to fix this car I only have 59,000 on it heeeeellllpppppp.
Category: Saab
Expert:  jeffrey590 replied 4 years ago.
Greetings JACUSTOMER, The bad news is Saab has had several of these vehicles that they had been trying to fix with no luck. The codes would clear for awhile and then return. Final repair that solved the problem was a transmission replacement. You will need a Saab Dealer Master Tech with a Tech2 Scan tool to verify my answer...but several of my colleagues agree this would be the correct step to take next...If I can assist further please let me know...jeffrey590