Tom, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Master Technician

Saab 97X Air suspension problem

I have a Saab 97X that belonged to my deceased son. It has not been used in months. When I decided it must be driven some to keep it running, the air suspension system will not work. This may be called by another name other than air suspension, maybe air leveling. The instruction manual said to drive it and it will recover. That has not been the case. I need some help.
Is the vehicle sagging and the air pumps operating ? Have you tried a battery reset?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The car is sagging in the rear and giving a rough ride. I have not heard to pumps working yet. Have not tried a battery reset.
Try disconnecting the battery for 15 minutes . Then reconnect the battery and see if it resets . If not the most common issue is the height sensors at the rear wheels are shorted out . This is a common issue on these vehicles. The only other issue can be the pumps but most common is the height sensors are and . These are what need to be checked next . Hoped this helped. Positive feedback and bonuses greatly appreciated.