Tom
Tom, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Master Technician
3827149

2003 saab 9-5 linear: 000 miles..white smoke..the oil change..turbo

after a recent oil change, my 2003 saab 9-5 linear (62,000 miles) started blowing gray/white smoke on start-up. both the guys who did the oil change and another garage said it is a turbo problem - leaking. in doing some quick research it seems like this is a fairly common problem. i fear that this is going to cost me a lot of $ and could happen again without warning. please advise!
Category: Saab
Expert:  Tom replied 5 years ago.
Yes unfortunately it is a turbo issue . Can and does fail at any time . It is very costly new about 2500 dollars used about 800 parts and labor . Rebuilding does not last and will cost more in the long run. These need to be checked next . Hoped this helped. Positive feedback and bonuses greatlly appreciated.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Relist: Answer quality.
they said "these need to be checked next". ??? what needs to be checked next. no solution was given.
Expert:  Tom replied 5 years ago.
The actual turbo and the wastegate along with vacuum lines . Sorry that was there in the previous post then when posted was not.