Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

We have 2001 27' Wilderness that the inside seal to the

We have 2001 27' Wilderness that the inside seal to the slideout is coming off and needs to be replaced I was told the best way to replace is to remove the trim to exposed the wall where it will stick on. I cannot figure out how it comes off
JA: What's the make/model/year of your RV?
Customer: 2001 Fleetwood Wilderness
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Is there a service manual that I can get a copy of.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Just to be clear........we are talking about the inside dust seal and not the outside wiper seal?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Iwas told easiest way to replace was to remove the inside frame support to get to the wall. I can't figure how to remove it. are there hidden screws that secure it to the wall of the slideout.

Most of these either have a double sided sticky tape OR they snap into a track. There are quite a few different styles and shapes and lengths. Do you have a photo of your setup? I am trying to recall if I have ever seen one on this model in my shop. Most have only an outside wiper seal. And you have both here?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Mine has the inside of the frame wiper seal which will also need to be replaced at some time. If I can attach a external wiper to the fiberglass side which would make life easier. Back to the inside seal it looks like someone (not the original owner) tried to glue it on. I have ordered a peel and stick type !' x 7/8 from Steel Rubber Products which with two people might be manageable. Its that frame that goes across and down the side that has me stumped I do want to open a pandora box to problems. If I cannot replace the wiper seals with external I will have to remove the slideout to replace the inside frame of the trailer seals.

Most coaches ONLY have an outside seal and those are much easier to replace. I am wondering if someone just tried to add an inside seal of the type you mentioned? Can you attach a photo to your post of the inside area? Use the paperclip icon for that.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I will send photos on Monday of inside and Outside

10-4. I will keep an eye out for those.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Hi Randall! Attached are photos of what I have on my Trailer.

I don't see the seal that you need in those photos.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Sorry I mixed up my photos. Here is the rubber seal that goes between the inside frame of the side out I have idraped over the frame. On the outside of the tip show the where the seal is located between the slide out and the trailer on that one do you think I could attach to the side of the trailer with peel and stick wiper to remove water on the side of the slide out.

I think this would be easier to work out over a phone chat. Only $9 and not any time limits. We can discuss this at length.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
I am sorry it took so long to get back to you. I accepted your phone offer and will be calling you a little later on. I have to change directions and complete my honey do list before I can return to the trailer problem with the seals and look forward to chatting with you on the solution. Will you email the number that you can be reached at. Dick

Not a problem. Text me a photo of your old seal and have the measurements if you can. That would help.