gene
gene, RV Mechanic
Experience:  28 yrs exp in the industry
19317657

I am replacing the heating element in a 10 gal water heater.

Customer Question

I am replacing the heating element in a 10 gal water heater. There is a green ground, which I never touched. a black wire and a green wire that were attached to the old element. However, there is a white wire not attached to anything. where does it go??
JA: Have you checked the coolant level? Has there been any leaking from the hoses?
Customer: no leaking not working on the electric side
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 11 days ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Expert:  Randall replied 11 days ago.

What is the model number of the new water heater? This sounds like the incoming AC leads. The black is the hot lead and the white is the neutral lead and the green is the ground lead. I can get you a diagram as soon as you get me the make and model number. All follow ups are included in our fee.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I only replaced the electric element not the entire heater. Model # GC10A-4E
Expert:  Randall replied 11 days ago.

Give me a bit and I can grab a manual for you which has the wiring diagrams in there.