gene
gene, RV Mechanic
Experience:  28 yrs exp in the industry
19317657

I have a 2002 Beaver Contessa with a Cat 330 motor. This is

Customer Question

I have a 2002 Beaver Contessa with a Cat 330 motor.
JA: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?
Customer: This is an RV. with 6400 auto trans. Turns over but will not start. Tried either still will not fire. Had a mechanic hook his computer to the terminal and only the transmission would read nothing on the 330. Is the problem the ECM?
JA: What year is your 330?
Customer: Not sure but is it is in a 2002 RV. I would assume between 2000 and 2002
JA: Are you fixing your 330 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes trying to fix it myself. It is not a fuel problem (bad fuel) ass the on board generator fires right up and runs like a champ. As I stated even either injected in the air intake would not even get it to pop at all. I did read that the ECK have a battery that if it goes bad all of the ECM data gets wiped, leaving nothing in the ECK data to connect with the motor
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: RV
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 13 days ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Was his scan tool/computer one that can communicate with all computers in your vehicle?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.