Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

My electric step won't work and my generator won't turn on

Customer Question

My electric step won't work and my generator won't turn on with the automatic switch can you help
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 12 days ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Expert:  Randall replied 12 days ago.

T​hat is usually either a problem with the batteries needing a good charge or perhaps replacement OR a dirty ground lead to the chassis from either the batteries or the generator.

Expert:  Randall replied 12 days ago.

H​ave the batteries load tested and be sure they are viable and then check the ground leads from the generator and step to be sure they are clean and tight. In area where a lot of moisture is on the roads, especially in the winter with salt applications, this can be a problem. Be sure that you mark or take photos of the hookups so you get them back the same way. Easy to get this wrong if you don't. Please get back to me if you need more on this or we need to dig deeper into the problem as all follow ups are included in our fee and fully expected. No time limit.

Expert:  Randall replied 7 days ago.

J​ust checking back in to see if you perhaps missed my earlier response a few days ago? Easy to do with the volumes of e-mail most of us get every day. Or sometimes these end up in the spam file. Please let me know if you need me to resend it or still need additional input on this issue. Thanks!