Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

2014 Jayco Hawk 28dbsh. Blower to furnance will only turn

Customer Question

2014 Jayco White Hawk 28dbsh.
Blower to furnance will only turn off by switch on the unit. Doesn't turn off via the thermastat
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 12 days ago.

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Expert:  Robert replied 12 days ago.

So if you shut the thermostat OFF will the blower still run??? IF that is the case the most likely cause is a failed circuit board on the furnance. There is a relay built into the board and when that relay fails the blower would not be able to shut down with the thermostat. Some older models actually have a rtime delay relay that is not part of the board but most all newer models the relay is part of the board, you should see a blue wire coming from the thermostat to the circuit board, that wire should only have voltage when the thermostat is ON calling for heat.... IF that wire has voltage and the blower is running then the thermostat is the issue could be shorted out. Most RV shops can test the board and see if it is the problem with a special board tester, if the board test good I would replace the thermostat....

Hope this helps some, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me if you need more help please include the make and model of the furnace.

IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a STAR rating on the page.....

ROBERT

Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 11 days ago.

Hi was just checking in to see if my answer helped???? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me...

Robert