Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I have a 1987 Fleetwood Tioga RV. I need a new house

Customer Question

I have a 1987 Fleetwood Tioga RV. I need a new house battery. Virtually no plugin camping in Colorado so I need biggest capacity house battery possible. How can I determine what size battery the RV will take?
Submitted: 6 days ago.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 6 days ago.

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Expert:  Robert replied 6 days ago.

IF you have no plug in then you will only be running off battery power and even then you are going to have to managed your power. Most owners will go with two 6 volt batteries or 2 12 volt batteries, a single series 31 battery should work for you, it has more capacity then others and should work well. IF you can do two that would be even better as it would give you a larger bank to pull from, if you do two batteries below is a picture on how they would be wired, most auto parts stores can make the jumper cables for you to tie the batteries together.

IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me, IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a STAR rating on the page...

Robert

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
What is a single series 31? Is that a size of battery or is that a third type of battery option
Expert:  Robert replied 6 days ago.

It is the battery type size, they come in different series, I suspect your original was a series 24 or 27, each series you increase in amp hours, so for that size RV and the electrical I would go with a series 31 if you want the most amp hours, most auto parts stores will know, I like innerstate they make a good battery.....

IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a STAR rating on the page. It is the only way I get "credit" for helping... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 5 days ago.

Was just checking in to see if my answer was helpful??? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me...

Robert