gene
gene, RV Mechanic
Experience:  28 yrs exp in the industry
19317657

Bought used 2004 Chevy Roadtrek. Generally in very good

Customer Question

Bought used 2004 Chevy Roadtrek. Generally in very good shape. However portions of the molded fiberglass body panels on bottom, both sides, are loose at points. On one panel I can pry open corner enough to see at least 1 completely missing attach fixture, ( the one in the corner) and further in 1 more which the panel is just floating on. How does one remove panel and replace whatever is there? Where can I get them. Plan on calling RV dealer this morning. Thanks
JA: What's the make/model/year of your RV?
Customer: 2004 Roadtrek 190 Popular
JA: Are you fixing your 190 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes. I am mechanical. I need the fixtures, attach tabs, so I can't do anything yet. Look at message again. It's pretty obvious I h
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nope
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 9 days ago.

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Expert:  Robert replied 9 days ago.

Can you send some photos of the body panels you are talking about??? You should be able to use the paper clip icon on the page to add any photos into your reply...

Thanks, Robert

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Did attach photos. Got interrupted by business call, came back to note saying I've been charged $24 for answer...which is nowhere to be found? Now about to be on way to Autoparts store to look at autobody accessories, figure they'll have something that'll work. Shouldn't be charging people without posting response. Not impressed. Will be less trusting with any future queries.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
No, I'm not now going to call for another $26. Am not fish nibbling on bait
Expert:  Robert replied 9 days ago.

I have no control over the pricing, billing... I only get credit when you select a rating on the page and I have not even given you a response yet. I work for the company and have over 20 years of RV repair experience Your issue is with the site not me.

I did not see any photos as well, if you do NOT want to continue please let me know and take up your issues with the company.

Robert