Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

MY HEART INTERFACE FREEDOM 20 INVERTER DOES NOT SEEM TO BE

Customer Question

MY HEART INTERFACE FREEDOM 20 INVERTER DOES NOT SEEM TO BE CHARGING MY 6 TROJAN 6 VOLT DEEP CYCLE HOOKED PARRELLE. ALSO THE INVERTER DOES NOT TURN ON. IT IS IN MY 1995 GULFSTEARM TM 11 DIESEL PUSHER. HELP PLEASE RICHARD MY TELE # IS(###) ###-#### EST SO IM GOING BAC TO BED NOW,
JA: How old is the engine? And when was it last serviced?
Customer: YEARLY BUT WHAT DOES THE ENGINE HAVE TO DO WITH MY PROBLEM? IM PLUGED INTO AC RIGHT NOW SO THAT SHOULD CHARGE THE BATTIERS ALSO HOW CAN I TELL IF THE BATERIES R BEING CHARGED?
JA: What year is your Volt?
Customer: 1995 MOTOR HOME
JA: Are you fixing your Volt yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: WHAT IS A VOLT?
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: THE BATTERIES ARE TROJAN T-145 ALL NEW. I JUST PUT THEM IN AND NOT SURE IF I WIRED TO THE INVERTOR PROPERLY
Submitted: 6 days ago.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 6 days ago.

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Expert:  Robert replied 6 days ago.

OK

Get a volt meter and go to the batteries and take a reading, plugged in you should see around 13.5 volts, if the voltage is under 12 volts or lower the inverter may not be charging, on the cable from the inverter to the battery should be a LARGE fuse mounted to the frame of the RV, I would check voltage on each side of that fuse to make sure it is not blown. Click HERE for a manual and you can see what the fuse looks like and the wiring. This is a old converter and not to reliable when they get a few years old, my experience is they have a high failure rate after several years, the inverter is obsolete so if you have the wiring correct, no fuses are blown it would be time for an upgrade, not to many places at all will dig into the inverter and repair it...

IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.... Robert