Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

I have two air-conditioners.... one thermostat...getting

Customer Question

I have two air-conditioners.... one thermostat...getting error code E1 with zone 1 constant and 2 blinking. What do I do
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert...

Normally the E-1 code is a communication fault. Try this and see if it will reset. Shut all the breakers off inside the RV, go unplug the shore-cord from power, disconnect the battery cables and wait 15 mins, hook the battery back up, plug back into power and then turn your breakers back on and see if that fault clears for you...

Let me know..... Robert

(The AC needs BOTH AC and DC power to operate)

Expert:  Robert replied 2 months ago.

Also make sure you turn the thermostat OFF while doing that procedure, when you hook all your power back up and with the thermostat OFF hold the mode and zone buttons, you should see "init" and then release, turn the thermostat ON....

Robert

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Nope but now instead of zone 1 and 2. I have 2 blinking and 4.
Expert:  Robert replied 2 months ago.

Sorry I can not do a phone service at this time, I am going to step out of the question and see if another expert is available to call you. I do not know when or if another expert will respond, they come and go daily.

Robert

Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

What is the make and model of your thermostat?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Dometic. Only number on it is on back 50-070701-G
Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

They have at least 4 models of digital thermostats. The older 4 button Comfort Control and then a 5 button version. Now the newer ones are a Single Zone model (which doesn't work with more than 1 A/C) and the newer Comfort Control II model. It is most likely the one you have. Has anyone worked on either A/C recently?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No been great up till now
Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

Do you have the User's Manual for this?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No didn't get one at time of purchace
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
That's the one I have
Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

You need to re-program the thermostat and just do Zones 1 and 2. See that section.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Did all that with the other guy. Not helping
Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

Did you disconnect the cable and let it sit for 5 minutes first? If it won't reset, then it is damaged and will need to be replaced. I can call if you want and go over this.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I unplugged trailer disconnected battery tripped breaker and let it sit for 15 min. Didn't help
Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

Then it needs to be replaced. I would buy the whole kit. The part number should be on the control box depending on the model. If you can't find it, get back to me with the model number of each unit.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I'm going to go back to the dealer thanks for trying. But. No help. Have a good evening
Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

10-4

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Well I got the problem fixed. While you both were helpful. Neither touched on the subject of the control board which is where the problem was. The sight said 100 percent guaranteed. Thank you for your insight but I feel the charge is unwanted. I will leave the decision in your hands. Thank you
Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

The control board is in the kit...........and since you said ".....you were both helpful" I will let you decide what is fair. I get $98 an hour in my shop. Since more than half of our customers never give a rating or respond, I really wonder why I even bother.

Expert:  mabe-cssm replied 2 months ago.
We received your customer service inquiry, however, we are unable to respond to you because we do not have your email address. Please contact customer support at***@******.*** and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you. (paste the question link into the response). Thank you, ***** ***** Customer Support Team.