Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

My dometic toilet model 210 will not close fully I cleaned

Customer Question

my dometic toilet model 210 will not close fully I cleaned the bowl and opened the flapper mor than normal now it only closes fully if manually lift the pedal
JA: What's the make/model/year of your RV?
Customer: 2008 Fleetwood 39r excursion
JA: Are you fixing your Fleetwood yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: the toilet was working okay if u slid ur foot off the pedal but after cleaning the bowl it does not return to full close I opened the flapper a little more than it was used to opening
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: that is it
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert....

There is a spring cartridge that fits on the shaft that turns the ball. I would replace that and see if it takes care of your issue, make sure the plastic molding the cartridge sits in is not busted as there is not part for that. Click HERE and you can see an exploded view of where that sits. Most RV parts stores should be able to get you this and it will come with directions.....

Hope this helps some... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 2 months ago.

Hi.... Was just checking in to see if my answer helped?? Please let me know if you have more questions or concerns....

Robert