gene
gene, RV Mechanic
Experience:  28 yrs exp in the industry
19317657

The carrier heat pump will not run the heater ,it is cold in

Customer Question

the carrier heat pump will not run the heater ,it is cold in the teens now, the heater did run continuous ,and I had to shut it off . now wont run at all ck'ed LP ,good. this unit has a thermostate on the wall also
JA: Have you checked the coolant level? Has there been any leaking from the hoses?
Customer: all else is working fine ,no heat
JA: What is the model/year of your RV?
Customer: 2004 carri lite
JA: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: fix myself ,found a lot of rust in the exh of the heater when I removed the cover
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I'll have to get back with you later after I check afew more items,I would like to hard wire it to run off the thermostate
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 3 months ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Expert:  Randall replied 3 months ago.

The thermostat may be Carrier, but the LP furnace is either a Suburban or Atwood Hydroflame model and if you can get me that I can direct you in some things to check. And does the furnace come on and the fan work and just not heat or nothing is happening when you ask for heat?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Not home at this time at work will let you know later.
Expert:  Randall replied 3 months ago.

No hurry........I will be around most of the day and evening. Bad storms in Northern California where I live.