Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I have a 2007 lynx prowler 29 foot. I need the body panel

Customer Question

i have a 2007 lynx prowler 29 foot. I need the body panel trim. The part the body panel fits into.
JA: Are you fixing your Prowler yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes. when removing the panel I bent the trim piece and want to replace it.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: nope
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 4 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert...

If possible can you send me a photo of that body panel trim??? You should be able to add a photo into your reply using the paper clip icon. They have used a few different styles over the years..... Robert

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Expert:  Robert replied 4 months ago.

Yes let me review the pictures and look into this for you, it might take me a bit of time, I will let you know either way..

Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 4 months ago.

How was that secured with staples or screws hard to tell..

Robert

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Expert:  Robert replied 4 months ago.

OK

Let me see what I can find out on this....

Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 4 months ago.

OK

One place I would try is All-Rite Manufacturing they seem to carry allot of molding, I have used them in the past so they might be able to help you out on this. You might have to get something that is a close as possible, I am not sure if that original molding is still available, Click HERE for them, I would call them directly, measure the width as well.

IF they can not help you please let me know I might have a few other sources for you to try...

Robert

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ok
Expert:  Robert replied 4 months ago.

Let me know if you need more help, I am around daily and respond when I can....

Robert

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No luck at All Rite
Expert:  Robert replied 4 months ago.

OK

Let me check some others out that I know of....

Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 4 months ago.

Try AP products, call them direct and see if they have anything that will work for you, if not let me know and I will put your question back up for other RV experts, maybe another expert will have some more sources for you to try... Let me know. Click HERE for AP Products....

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No luck at AP. What this part is called?
Expert:  Robert replied 4 months ago.

I would call it exterior trim molding and if it has staples it is plastic, I am sure something else can be used but it would not match the other side, I was hoping you would be able to find an exact match. The problem is when these are built new they have items like this specially made and they go obsolete really fast. IF you are looking for an exact match you might want to try some of the larger RV salvage yards, Colaw is good one to try.....

Robert

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It is aluminum. Not plastic.
Expert:  Robert replied 4 months ago.

OK.... I thought it was plastic, you do not see to many aluminum ones that use staples.

Let me take another look real quick... Respond in a few..

Robert

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ok
Expert:  Robert replied 4 months ago.

OK...

One last try and if that does not work out let me know and I will put your questions back up for other experts, my goal is for you to be satisfied with my efforts...

Click HERE for a place that specialize in aluminum trim and they can actually custom make it if needed....

My only other thoughts are maybe bring a small section to a local RV store if possible to see what they recommend for you.

Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 4 months ago.

Was just checking in to see if my answer helped?? Please feel free to follow up if needed...

Robert

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I guess I will have to go to ma RV parts store and show them the part. Just wasted $30.00
Expert:  Robert replied 4 months ago.

I can request a refund for you if you like? I am not here to take your money and I want you to be satisfied.

I try my very best but sometimes it is a challenge online.

Robert

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Please
Expert:  Robert replied 4 months ago.

No problem at all...

Robert