Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

Fuse #22 on 2014 Bounder 36E(Diagnoistic and cigarette

Customer Question

Fuse #22 on 2014 Bounder 36E(Diagnoistic and cigarette lighter) keeps blowing. Supplies 2 12 volt outlets center dash below radio.
JA: Do all the fuses have the correct amperage for the circuits they're in?
Customer: Yes, fuse blew originally while traveling with GPS plugged in. Now with nothing plugged in, keeps blowing fuse. This is in fuse block under hood above radiator.
JA: Are you fixing your Volt yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, attempting to fix myself. Found the blown fuse and replaced, immediately blew again
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, this is only issue at this point
Submitted: 10 days ago.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 10 days ago.

Hi my name is Robert...

You could have a short at one of the outlets, what I would do is remove the fuse and disconnect the wires to the outlets one at a time, see if the fuse still blows, if it does not blow when you have the outlet disconnected I would replace it, sometimes these outlets can fail and the only way to tell is disconnect the wiring to them and see if that fuse blows.

IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me..... Robert