Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

I hope you ca assist me with an issue i believe i have. Thw

Customer Question

Hi i hope you ca assist me with an issue i believe i have. Thw product is a dometic fridge model number RM4605 the problem is not cooling during travelling and when reconnected to mains power it takes forever to reach selected temp setting.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 4 months ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Expert:  Randall replied 4 months ago.

Are you using it on LP mode when travelling or DC mode? When you say "forever" to reach temp......how long actually?

Expert:  Randall replied 4 months ago.

And do you have the User's Manual for this or not? I can supply that at no extra cost if you don't. Get back to me with the information I asked about in my first response and I can help you sort this out. All follow ups are included in our fee.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi Randall, yes i do have the user's manual. i'm using DC mode the destination was Bendigo and we left from Frankston this took 3 hours when we left the temp was 2degrees when we arrived the temp was 14 degrees. reconnected to main power and temp took 6 hours to come back to 2 degrees and struggled to keep reaching that temp if the fridge was opened a few times. same situation occured coming home .
Expert:  Randall replied 4 months ago.

That could be several things and I would start by checking the thermistor. That is what controls the temps or it can be the control board isn't reacting to the thermistor properly. Do you have a small digital multimeter for some testing? That would be the quickest way to track this down. I can direct you in this.

Expert:  Randall replied 4 months ago.

All follow ups here are included in our fee and fully expected.......