Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I have a 03 190 popler I find it very difficult to dump. Is

Customer Question

I have a 03 190 popler I find it very difficult to dump. Is there any modification that can be made to make it easier
JA: Are you fixing your 190 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No I have had a local rv dealer look at it and has not found any thing
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 3 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert....

Do you have a macerator pump on your road trek?

Robert

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No the people here said it would not fit
Expert:  Robert replied 3 months ago.

OK

So is the issue you opening the valve as access is poor? OR the tank is not draining correctly, slow etc...

Robert

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The access is very poor. I have to lay down and get under the van
Expert:  Robert replied 3 months ago.

OK

That is what I figured.

About the only way to make this work better for you is to see if a shop would be willing to install an electric valve, there might be some labor involved to make that work but there are electric valves out on the market, Velterra makes one that uses a remote switch and Barker has one that all you have to do is push a button at the valve, that one might not work as you would still need to get underneath. About the only option I see is having an electric valve installed with a remote switch but some modifications may need to be made to discharge piping...

Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 3 months ago.

Was just checking in to see if my answer helped???? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me...

Robert