Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

I am told that there are several cut off switches besides

Customer Question

I am told that there are several cut off switches besides the fuel cutoff. Is this true? If so, where are they and how many are there?
JA: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?
Customer: It is a diesel and it just shut off and will not restart.
JA: What is the model/year of your RV?
Customer: 1994 Monaco Dynasty
JA: Are you fixing your Dynasty yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes I am. I have recharged all 3 batteries. All I get from the starter is a grunt. I did find that there is continuity from the hot lead to the side of the battery. Could this be affecting the deadness in the ignition switch?
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I did replace the fuel cutoff switch.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 1 month ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Expert:  Randall replied 1 month ago.

if your batteries are anywhere near 3 years old I would have them load tested to be sure they are viable. Failing batteries and dirty cable connections account for the majority of the causes we see of this problem. Most places will load test them for you. Just be sure you mark the cables well or take some photos so you get them back in again correctly. Easy to get this wrong if you don't. Another trouble spit is the master disconnect switch. The contacts may be burned and not allowing the current to transfer properly. A good DC volts reading doesn't really mean much as it is the amperage that counts here! Hope that gives you somewhere to start. Please get back to me if we need to dig deeper into this as all follow ups are included in our fee.