Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

Where is the fuse or circuit breaker for the water heater in

Customer Question

where is the fuse or circuit breaker for the water heater in a 1996 Winnebago Vectra No 12v going to control module switch is good 12v there
JA: Most vehicles have two fuse panels. Do you know what they look like?
Customer: yes
JA: What is the model of your '96 RV?
Customer: 35wrq
JA: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: checked for power at control module no 12v . Checked on off switch have 12v there wiring diagram from Winnebago does not show any fuse or CB.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: just need to know where wiring goes between water heater module and switch.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 5 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert....

What is the make and model of the water heater?

Robert

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Atwood 6gal propane only
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Just cancel the whole thing
Expert:  Robert replied 5 months ago.

Go to the outside access panel and look for a brown wire with a clear plastic sleeve over it, many of the atwood's have that and it is a high limit, it is a one time fuse and when it blows it cuts power to the board. Pull the connector for the board and clean the contacts with a pencil eraser.... IF you need more help please get back to me with the model....

Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 5 months ago.

If you would still like to cancel this click HERE and they can assist you with that....

IF not please respond back with the model number, I am around daily and respond when I can...

Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 5 months ago.

Hi.... Was just checking in to see if my answer helped?? Please let me know if you have more questions or concerns....

Robert