Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

My thermostat on my new 2017 pace arrow is now blank. I have

Customer Question

My thermostat on my new 2017 pace arrow is now blank. I have no heat and it is 24 degrees.
JA: Have you checked to make sure the thermostat is working? What about the coolant level?
Customer: The thermostat does not seem to be getting power. What and where would coolant be for a rv comfort. dz thermostat
JA: What is the model of your '17 RV?
Customer: It is a 38F
JA: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I tried the breakers and tried to find a fuse panel
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: not that I can think of
Category: RV
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Robert replied 4 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert...

I would see if you have power going to the control box that is inside the AC unit, if you pull the cover down inside and look up you should see the control box and it should have a green light that is solid if power is going to it, if it is green check all your connections at the thermostat and at the control box, it could be a loose connection, bad thermostat IF the light is green. IF it is not green then you have a blown fuse, you have to have a fuse panel inside with fuses. On some of these newer units there will be a panel that has lights and if the light next to the fuse is red then the fuse is blown, I think that style panel is an option, look in all your cabinets, next to the breakers and in the closest for the fuse panels. I would get a 12 volt test light and probe each fuse for power, a fuse can look good but if the wire came off at the fuse block you would never know so it is always good to check for power.

Click HERE and this will at least give you an idea of how the system is wired up and what that control box looks like with the green light...

Hope this helps some.... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 4 months ago.

Hi.... Was just checking in to see if my answer helped?? Please let me know if you have more questions or concerns....

Robert