Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

Considering purchasing a motorhome based on a 1995 4x4 Iveco

Customer Question

Hi Chris
JA: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?
Customer: Considering purchasing a motorhome based on a 1995 4x4 Iveco Daily.The vehicle is ex SA Country Fire service.My main concern is that highway speed is restricted to85kph.Compliance plate says its 6/95 build.Model no DAILY 49.12 3.60M Code(###) ###-#### RA ratio 4.4
JA: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Wondering if it could be fitted with an overdrive for highway cruising or would diff ratios need to be altered to achieve amore realistic top speed and wether the costs would be prohibitive
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: RV
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
ZCFC4980002147450
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 1 month ago.

Hi Chris. My name is***** are a couple of things. First you can see if the Max engine RPM is currently set and if not you can have the RPM moved closer to the spec. then see if you are closer to where you need to be. If not the next options are changing your gear ratios in either the differentials , transmission, or both. Let me know