Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I have a 2008 Gulfstream Yellowstone Country Club Class A

Customer Question

I have a 2008 Gulfstream Yellowstone Country Club Class A motorhome. The ***** *****ght on the Chassis Battery Disconnect switch is glowing at about 1/4 luminosity, and there is no power going to the ignition. What are the chances that the problem is the switch itself, and not the solenoid in the electorincs bay?
JA: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?
Customer: It was fluctuating recently, but now it is constant.
JA: Are you fixing your Country yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I haven't tried anything as of yet. This problem crept up some time ago , but the engine power always came back. Is it possible that I wore out the switch, because I think that I used this switch far too often in the past.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, that's it. The fuses on the chase solenoid are both good.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert....

Go to that solenoid and check for voltage across the LARGE posts, if you only have voltage on one side get an insulated wire and jump the LARGE posts and see if you get power, if so then I would say the solenoid is at fault, the solenoid should power the switch on one of the smaller posts. Check the connections at the solenoid as well make sure everything is clean and tight, sometimes tapping the solenoid will also unseat the relay inside. More times then not the solenoid is the problem and not the switch....

IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me, IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a STAR rating on the page, it is the only way I get credit for helping out.... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 2 months ago.

Hi... Was just checking in to see if my answer helped??? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me...

ROBERT