Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I have a 2007 Fleetwood providence motor home diesel 39 ft.

Customer Question

I have a 2007 Fleetwood providence motor home diesel 39 ft. I have a/c backfeed. red light stays on green light flashes. what could be the problem
JA: Just to clarify, can you tell me which light it is? And does it blink first, then stay on steady?
Customer: Red light stays steady. Its on electrical panal
JA: Are you fixing your Fleetwood yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I am going to attempt to. Have checked cables and looked over it. Just trying to see where to start. The converter green light doesn't stay on.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no that should be it for now
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert.....

Are you talking about the inverter??? What is the make and model of the inverter OR power converter?

Robert

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
THE RED LIGHT STAYS ON ON THE PANEL. THE PANAL WHERE IT TELLS YOU WHATS ON.
Expert:  Robert replied 2 months ago.

OK.... Is that the inverter panel or something else.

Are you missing the AC or DC power? Are you plugged into a 50 amp service? Have you tried running the generator.

What I might try is unplug from power, turn OFF all the breakers, start the generator and then turn all your breakers on one at a time and see if the problem goes away.....

You mentioned a converter, I did not think you had a converter but an inverter, two separate things.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
its an inverter panel sorry about that. I will attempt that and see what happens.
Expert:  Robert replied 2 months ago.

OK...

I want to see if you have an issue with the supply AC voltage and running the generator will tell us if that is the issue.

Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 2 months ago.

Hi.... Was just checking in to see if my answer helped, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert