Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

HAVE A 2013 Fleetwood Bounder Classic - 34B - Trying to find

Customer Question

HAVE A 2013 Fleetwood Bounder Classic - 34B - Trying to find out where the converter is loacatedf
JA: Are you fixing your Fleetwood yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: My house batteries are not getting charged - work with a guy who when I tell him what is happening he is saying it is the converter - I am simply trying to find it
JA: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?
Customer: Yes they are reading low - Brand new Trojan T105's
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no -
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 4 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert.....

We see these type of questions all the time and they are difficult to respond to because they will stick the converter in different locations per year and floor plan, sometimes that converter will be in back of the breaker panel, under the fridge or stove or if you have a washer dryer cabinet it could be under the false bottom. Really hard to keep track of. What I would do if I was in your spot is contact Fleetwood with your FIN, they do have a technical support department and can be VERY helpful, they can look up the coach number and can be contacted at (###) ###-####..

One other thing I want to mention on this is sometimes they will install a breaker between the converter and battery, as a general rule it would be 18" from the battery and can be on the frame or inside a battery control box with other breakers and fuses, most have a small tab on them that pops out when they trip, something to keep in mind, below is a picture of that.

Hope this gets you going in the right direction, if you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me..... Robert

Breaker....

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have opened the breaker panel and looked behind it and see nothing. Do not have washer/dryer. See nothing under the bed. Am looking for a box/unit with a small fan - correct ? That is the converter. This is driving me nuts. I will get the FIN number and call them. Thank You
Expert:  Robert replied 4 months ago.

Yes the key on the converter is it will plug into an outlet, so as you are looking under stuff look for an outlet with something plugged into it and try to follow that, they stick these in the most difficult spots to get at. Another idea would be to turn on a bunch of 12 volt items and listen for the fan coming on......

I am sure Fleetwood would be able to tell you the exact location with the FIN, I have heard good things from other owners that have had to call in.

IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a STAR rating on the page, it is the only way I get credit for helping you can also follow up with me if needed...

Robert

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
OK - Interesting did not know I was looking for something that has to be plugged in. I am at work now so will try to contact Fleetwood this afternoon
Expert:  Robert replied 4 months ago.

The converter will be part of the main fuse/breaker panel OR stand alone and plug into an outlet, they are called deck mount or stand alone converters and pretty sure that is the style you have....

Let me know if you need more help on this, I am around daily and respond WHEN I can....

Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 4 months ago.

Was just checking in to see if my answer helped???? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me...

ROBERT