Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

All my running lights except one by the door are not working

Customer Question

All my running lights except one by the door are not working on my 2012 Forest River Catalina 30qbs
JA: Have you checked the fuses? Have you checked the door switches?
Customer: Door switches?
JA: What is the model of your '12 Forest River?
Customer: 30qbs
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Well I've hooked it up to three different vehicles so I know it's not there.Ive taken the only working bulb and put it in a non working light and still nothing.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Blinkers and break lights work but only one marker and no clearance lights at top.
Category: RV
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I'm thinking I might have a ground problem but I don't know exactly where the light harness grounds at on the frame.But why would only one light work?
Expert:  Randall replied 4 months ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Expert:  Randall replied 4 months ago.

More likely that this is caused by a break or bad connection on the hot feed, but easy in most cases to track down if you have a 12 VDC test light and test ground lead. I think this would be easier to resolve and give you some guidance on over a phone chat. Just a few bucks more, but many of my customers prefer this. I have a repair shop and work on these things all the time. All follow ups are included in our fee.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
What do you know about the box that the trailer light plug plugs into just inside where it goes into the camper mounted on the inside of the frame.I think that's where my problem is.Its hard to get to because the bottom of the trailer is sealed up but I can barley see that all the wires run into it.Just trying to get some info on it before I dive in.
Expert:  Randall replied 4 months ago.

Might be in there, but doubtful. More likely either a bad ground or loose connection. You can hook up a test ground and use a 12 VDC test light to check each light and see. And then go in the direction that this points as to whether it is a ground or positive feed issue. Get back to me if you need more. All follow ups are included in our fee and fully expected.