peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles.
14928985

Air conditioner has stopped and keeps tripping the circuit

Customer Question

Air conditioner has stopped and keeps tripping the circuit breaker, approx. 3 years old
JA: Have you checked the Freon level?
Customer: Wouldn't know how to
JA: What is the model/year of your RV?
Customer: Winjana RV fifth wheeler 2014
JA: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Only reset the circuit breaker but instsntly trips again
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 20 days ago.
Category: RV
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 20 days ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Most of these use a starting capacitor on the ac unit itself that fails.When this fails this over loads the circuit when trying to start it and causes it to trip the breaker.I have seen these fail before needing replaced.These can usually be replaced separate of the ac unit itself.I would have this checked into/tested further to make sure that this is the cause here and then from there replaced as needed.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete