Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

Just bought and installed a new dometic refrigerator but it

Customer Question

Just bought and installed a new dometic refrigerator but it will not turn on. I do have power at the outlet Help...
JA: What's the make/model/year of your RV?
Customer: It's a 1999 Sooner living quarters horse trailer, the frig is a RM2554
JA: What is the model of your '99 RV?
Customer: 4Q
JA: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Doing it ourselves, took the old one out put the new one in seems pretty easy. No power at the frige but there is power at the outlet
JA: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?
Customer: There outlet itself is consistent at 123.6 volts A/C. there is power through the 30 amp fuse on the bottom of the frige.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes fix it
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 3 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert.....

The fridge does not care at all if it is plugged into the outlet, you need DC power for it to turn on, without the DC power hooked up it is not going to turn on, the DC power goes to a circuit board and allows the fridge to turn ON, click HERE for a service manual and see page 10.......

Hope this helps, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me, IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a STAR rating on the page, it is the only way I get credit for helping out on this Holiday..... Robert