peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles.
14928985

I have a 2013 Newmar Dutch Star Motor Home. The engine has

Customer Question

I have a 2013 Newmar Dutch Star Motor Home. The engine has overheated and shut down. Apparently the problem is with the cooling fan. It won't engage to cool the motor when the motor get to the pre-determined operating temperature. The fan operation I understand is part of the Freightliner chassis - it totally different than on large tractor type trucks. The repair shop wants to know what type of fan unit it is so the right part can be ordered for replacement.
JA: Have you checked the coolant? Have you checked for a leak in the cooling system?
Customer: Yes. All is fine there
JA: What is the model of your '13 RV?
Customer: It is a 2013 Newmar manufactured "Dutch Star" on a Freightliner chassis with a Cummins 450 hp deisel
JA: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No, the XtraRide insurance I have had the Motor Home towed to the nearest repair shop which was Strickland Trucking is Sebring, FL. The shop is small and says he is familiar with trucks and Motor Homes are a different breed.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I need the information to pass on to Strickland Trucking so the repair can be made.
Category: RV
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

I see no one has posted any help with this here.In some cases this can be due to the info you may be looking for may be difficult to obtain or the correct person that can help may not be online.

In some cases you may have to contact a dealer or another repair facility with your vehicles VIN info to see if they can tell you for sure what fan is used on this model here since no one has posted this info here.If this is not an option for you or was already attempted let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Please refund my membership as I am not satisfied with the reply I received from "Just Answer"

If you would like I can open your question up for others here to see if anyone else can assist further on this,just let me know if this is something you would like to do.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I doubt that opening the question to others would produce an answer. I will try other avenues to get an answer to my question. The best thing to do is to terminate my membership and refund any payment made to Just Answer.

Below is a link you can use to contact customer support.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help