Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

Buying a 2011 windsport v10 battery light comes on a couple

Customer Question

buying a 2011 windsport v10 battery light comes on a couple minutes after starting engine .thay changed the batt. alt. its putting out 14.5 volts but light stays on .why?
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 5 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert....

IF you have 14.5 volts at the alternator I would next go to the chassis battery and see if you have the same voltage if you DO then it could be a wiring issue OR bad gauge. IF you DO NOT have 14 volts at the alternator then you have a battery isolator issue, the isolator will allow the chassis AND house batteries to charge via the alternator, you would have one post going to the isolator from the alternator and then you would have output on one side to the house battery and on the other side to the chassis battery. The voltage on all three posts should be within 1/2 volt or so. Check your battery cables as well, make sure they are clean and tight and no cables are rubbing on the frame, have seen where a cable will catch the chassis frame and rub or catch a screw and you will have voltage loss. Hope this points you in the right direction, if you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 5 months ago.

Hi was just checking in to see if my answer helped?? If you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me...

Have a Safe and Happy New Year!!!!

Robert