peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles.
14928985

I have 1981 holiday rambler which is on a 350 chassis. I'm

Customer Question

I have hey 1981 holiday rambler which is on a 350 chassis. I'm having problem with fuel.at first I thought it was the fuel pump that was on the rail so I replaced it. Didn't fix it . So I disconnected the the lines and blew through lines .... I didn't hear bubbles but it did leak the pressure out somewhere I can hear it but no fuel...??? Could you provided fuel diagram as well 7.5 l
Category: RV
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Unfortunately I do not show a diagram on this model here myself for the fuel system.I have however seen the sock filter in the fuel tank plug up or leak and can cause this issue here.I have had to remove the fuel tank and repair any soft hose leaks as well as replace the sock filter in the tank.This sounds like what needs to be done here to locate and resolve this issue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Man so I can't get to nuts to take tank straps off probably have to cut them �� Any tips on dropping tank

I would inspect all lines from the tank first for any issues.If any faults are found with leaks or restrictions this should be resolved.If all of this is o.k. then the tank will need removed.Usually you can access the strap nuts or bolts to remove them as it is designed to access to remove the tank.In some cases other components may need removed first under the vehicle to access the nuts or bolts for the straps.Other then this I dont have any other suggestions on how to remove this tank without cutting the straps but then you would still have to access the nuts/bolts to install the new straps.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here as this is how I receive credit for my time.A 5 star rating is appreciated.Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Yeah so look I took the lines off before the selector valve. I blew in the line no bubble but built pressure. Empty tank did nothing . Shouldn't I be able to hear bubbles tanks half full.... Do you have wire diagram for fuel pumps ... Not hearing low pressure pump kick on either if it has one ?

You should hear bubbles in the tank if there is fuel in it and if there is no fuel pump in the tank connected to he fuel feed connection.Unfortunately I dont have any diagrams for the fuel pump here on this model myself.I apologize for this.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Sorry but I can't pay you for generic info next expert please

I will open your question for others to assist further here.

Thanks Pete