Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

Im in uk..have a 2006 forest river sunseeker and need to

Customer Question

hi im in uk..have a 2006 forest river sunseeker and need to replace toilet flange...is it a screw in replacement or is it glued in..any tips to make job easier?
JA: What is the model of your '06 Forest River?
Customer: 3100s
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes..toilets off and plastic flange is broken in a couple of places so need to get it free off floor by releasing flange from 3 screws holding it to floor
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thanx
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert...

Shine a flashlight down the pipe leading to the black water tank to see how the flange is attached. The flange attaches approximately 1 to 3 inches down the tube. Normally you can see the glue at that point. IF you do not see any glue then twist the flange counter-clockwise to detach it from the tank, it takes some force to get it to move, some flanges also slip in and you can pry them out with a block of wood and pry bar. If you see glue on the piping the only way to change that out is to try and get a chisel and try and knock the glue off and then twist and pull on the flange, the other option is to cut the piping out and glue in another piece.,.... Hope this helps some, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 2 months ago.

Hi... Was just checking in to see if my answer helped???? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.... Robert