Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I have a dometic RM 1350 and keep getting the code E1 on the

Customer Question

I have a dometic RM 1350 and keep getting the code E1 on the freg panel
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?
Customer: E1
JA: What is the model/year of your RV?
Customer: 2010 Keystone / Everest
JA: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Resetting at the panel and unpluging in the back.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 13 days ago.

Hi my name is Robert

The E-1 code is Disconnected LP gas valve or hardware fault in the LP gas operation system. The refrigerator may still be operational on 120 VAC.

What I would try to do is dis-connect the DC power from the fridge and see if the code goes away, the fridge needs DC power to turn on and operate, it could care less if it was plugged in or not to run on DC power and LP. Click HERE and see page 21 and you will see the DC terminal block, when you pull the wires be careful not to touch them to any metal and the display inside should go blank. After 5 mins hook them back up and see if the code goes away, let me know... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 13 days ago.

IF that does not work you can check the gas valve with a volt meter, click HERE and see page 19, this is a service manual, if that is good check the electrode, make sure the burner tube is clear and clean, you also could have a bad circuit board, I might have a RV shop dig in a little deeper if it is not the gas valve or electrode. The fridge may still work on AC power.

Please let me know if you need more help, if you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a star rating on the page, it is the only way I get credit for helping...

Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 10 days ago.

Hi.... Was just checking in to see if my answer helped??? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me....

Robert