Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

I am trying to winterize my Jayco Redhawk 23xm and I cannot

Customer Question

I am trying to winterize my Jayco Redhawk 23xm and I cannot locate the filter housing. It is not under the sink or outside in the utility section.
JA: How many miles are on the car? How has your mileage been lately?
Customer: It is a 2016 with 6500 miles
JA: What is the model of your '16 RV?
Customer: Redhawk 23XM
JA: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I just st need to know where the filter housing is located
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have already seen instruction about anti-freeze so that is it thanks
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 7 months ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Expert:  Randall replied 7 months ago.

Are you sure you have one? Not all RVs come with one as standard equipment. As big as those are it would be pretty hard if not impossible not to see it on one of the cold water lines.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Funny your name is***** sue however a new filter and annervwrench came with the unit
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Spanner wrench and no my cell service is not good now so where would the housing usually be located
Expert:  Randall replied 7 months ago.

That would tend to suggest there was one and they are about a foot long and have to be mounted on a wall so again..........it should be easy to spot on the cold water line and they usually don't hide them. They want them to be accessible. Most would be under the sink or in a service bay hear the water inlet. I have seen some under the bed where that tips up when the fresh water tank is in there.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
There is nothing visible under the sink area or bathroom nor other bedroom sink
Expert:  Randall replied 7 months ago.

Some are the same design, but white in color and may be more slender.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thank you the image but nothing
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It should be inside the RV correct?
Expert:  Randall replied 7 months ago.

Yes......

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Also I would assume it isn't behind a wall that needs to be unscrewed
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Are you familiar with the Jayco Redhawk 23xm 2016 model?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I can go outside and get to an area where you can call but you stopped responding
Expert:  Randall replied 7 months ago.

Sorry for the delay...........had company over for dinner. We have a phone chat offer, but it is $9 extra. I see lots of units in my shop and don't recall if I have seen one of those or not. If you don't see it, there is a good chance it won't be there. I would give Jayco Customer Service a call and get a complete set of plumbing diagrams for this coach so you have them. Be prepared to give them the last 8 of your VIN number as that is how they are filed.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thank you very much Randall. I will heed your advice and contact Jayco.
Expert:  Randall replied 7 months ago.

Do you have their number? If not, let me know.......

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I do have their # and I need to give you 5 stars + ��
Expert:  Randall replied 7 months ago.

Please let me know if they "hid" this or perhaps they just forgot to install it. Not the first time I would have seen that happen! And a positive rating would be appreciated as that is the only way I get credit from the site for my time spent assisting you. Be safe!

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thank you again. I will let you know after I hear from Jayco. At Walmart getting my anti-freeze.
Expert:  Randall replied 7 months ago.

Thanks! Hopefully, you have a winterizing valve so you can just pump it out of the jug. Much quicker. Don't forget to put the bypass valve(s) in the winterizing position and drain the water heater. And don't forget the outside shower if this model has one.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Randall you won't believe this. First off one of two technicians I talked with is named Randy so we have a Bermuda Triangle of Randy's. After 4 phone calls Mitch and Randy from Jayco Technical first said it must be behind a panel in the rear storage area. No panel so they said you need to unscrew the wall. No screws on the wall. So after a long lunch Randy called me back and said it is behind the shower. Unscrew a small panel near the floor to the right of the toilet. Since it needed an Allen wrench I improvised with a small philips head and voila the filtering housing was there next to Waldo. Lol
So finding this mysterious filter housing was like looking for Waldo. Also the engineers made it impossible to remove the
housing due to the opening being smaller so when emptying the housing the water spilled on the floor regardless of my using a pan. I offered my 2 cents in their suggestion box but I'm sure it will get lost. So thank you Randall's for a job well done. Mystery solved until something else doesn't surface. Regards, ***** ***** Randall
Expert:  Randall replied 7 months ago.

That is just about unbelievable! I have seen and heard of some bonehead things, but that takes the cake! Thanks for letting me know. I will make a note of that for future use. You might want to consider moving that to a more logical location. Not hard.