Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I have a Keystone cougar 2007 I just picked it up when I

Customer Question

I have a Keystone cougar 2007 I just picked it up when I plug the AC a 120 units it blows the circuit breaker I plug into
JA: Have you checked the Freon level?
Customer: I'm sorry not the air-conditioner when I plug the main wire in it trips the breaker on plugging into
JA: Are you fixing your Cougar yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I tried replacing the plug-in and it still trips I turn the breakers off and plugged it in and it still trips
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 8 days ago.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 8 days ago.

Hi my name is Robert....

Is it tripping the supply source you are trying to use OR inside the RV??? Are you using any extension cords or adapters on the main cord you are trying to plug in with OR no cords or adapters??? Robert

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
It's tripping the breaker inside the garage I tried turning off the circuit breakers in the trailer and it still trips the breaker in the garage
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Robert replied 8 days ago.

OK..

Are you trying to plug into a standard 110 household outlet with an adapter??

Robert..

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Expert:  Robert replied 8 days ago.

OK

What I would do is take the RV somewhere and plug into power and see what happens. IF everything works I would try a new adapter, new extension cord. When you plug into 110 like that you can have line loss, it would barley be able to run anything at all to start with using a 110 standard outlet. SO I would try another adapter, new extension cord AS short as possible, the longer the cords the more line loss you can have. Check your supply source with a polarity checker, most places like Home Depot have them for a few dollars. It will tell you if your source is the problem. I would be best on this if you can have someone wire in a 30 amp service for you.... That is if everything works good when you try that supply (no cords or adapters)...

Robert

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Can I get a call thanks
Expert:  Robert replied 8 days ago.

There is an extra charge for that, we do not do calls for free.... Give me 5 mins and I will send you a request....

Customer: replied 8 days ago.