Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

2016 forest river wildwood 263 bhxl. Furnace is only blowing

Customer Question

2016 forest river wildwood 263 bhxl. Furnace is only blowing cold air. Propane heater gas is getting to water heater and stove
JA: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?
Customer: Its a trailer
JA: What is the model of your '16 Forest River?
Customer: 263bhxl forest river
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes. Propane tanks are full shut furnace off for hours
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 8 days ago.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 8 days ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Expert:  Randall replied 8 days ago.

If the motor comes on and there is no ignition, then the most probable cause is that the control board has failed. These are made in China and not good quality. Even though this would be covered under warranty, I would recommend that you replace that OEM board with an after market board made in this country by Dinosaur Electronics as they are far superior to the OEM boards and have an outstanding warranty should you ever need it. In my shop I don't even stock or sell OEM boards for that reason. It can be several other things, but if you are plugged into shore power and have good voltage to the furnace that is the most likely problem. Some furnaces have an outside inspection cover that can be removed to access the controls, but, many now in newer models don't and you have to remove the furnace from the mounting in order to access the board. You might want to check with your local RV parks to see who they would recommend for a good mobile tech to come and assist you with this. In the short term, a DeLonghi or Pelonis oil filled heater like Walmart and other stores sells is a good back up heat source until you get this one repaired. Sorry that isn't the best news here and please get back to me if you need some additional input on this. All follow ups are included in our fee.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
There is nothing I can do?
Expert:  Randall replied 8 days ago.

Not if the board is defective and this happens all the time. It sounds like the ignition portion of the board has failed. Replacing it is the only solution.

Expert:  Randall replied 8 days ago.

What is the make and model of the furnace?

Expert:  Randall replied 8 days ago.

The Dinosaur Electronics board is called a "Fan 50 Plus" version and sells for about $125 or so.