Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

I have a 1992 rexhall aerbus. on.the steering column the

Customer Question

I have a 1992 rexhall aerbus. on.the steering column the ignition housing I've destroyed the ignition housing to take out the ignition I need a replacement piece and a new ignition and key
Submitted: 14 days ago.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 14 days ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Expert:  Randall replied 14 days ago.

You local automotive parts store would have an ignition switch in most cases, but you may have to find a used housing part due to the fact that Rexhall just went out of business. Two good ones to check would be Arizona RV Salvage or Colaw in the Midwest area. If that happened to be a Ford part you might be able to get one from your local Ford dealership. Hope that proves some help here. Please get back to me if you need additional input from me as all follow ups are included in our fee.

Expert:  Randall replied 14 days ago.

I am attaching a link to the Colaw site for you..........http://colawrvsalvage.com/

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Please understand I've tried AutoZone Advance even online auto parts you are my last hope I don't seem to be able to raise either of the two U gave me at the moment I'm sitting broke down in the rain of course I can't get anything done I can't start it so I'm having a little difficulty please wait till I can have you help me either get a part and finish it or ask you to help figure out another way I'm going to have to get it towed. My problem is I don't have any place to tell it to I haven't found a reliable mechanic to take it to I know these aren't your problems but you can understand the difficulty I have in laying out another $45 until I get something done I am in Castro Valley California Triple-A gave me three possibilities two of them couldn't do it right off the bat right off the bat the third is looking for the part like I am when I can finish it I'll gladly give you $45 plus a tip
Expert:  Randall replied 14 days ago.

Have you checked to see if there is a good mobile tech working in that area that could come and assist you? He might be able to rig up a temporary switch that would allow you to start it OR is the key portion broken and you can't turn the wheel? Most RV parks have one or two good ones that they can recommend for this sort of thing. If you were closer to my shop we could assist you, but I am up near the Oregon border.

Expert:  Randall replied 14 days ago.

All follow ups are included in our fee...........it isn't more each time you respond.

Expert:  Randall replied 14 days ago.

There is a large automotive parts house next door to my shop and I might be able to get some assistance from them in the morning for at least a temporary solution.

Expert:  Randall replied 10 days ago.

Just wanted to follow up here and see if you were able to get this resolved o.k. or do you still need some additional input from me on this issue?